This was what I woke up to one morning last week.
|Thank you for this, Vijay.|
Now that was my first ever award from the world of bloggers and I have Vijay Shenoy of Mind's eye of Life to thank for that. Thank you so very much Vijay.
(A little note to the whoever is reading this post)
If you haven't been to Vijay Blog, Mind's Eye of Life, please drop in there. His short stories and poems are very pleasant. The simplicity with which he writes makes sure you are not distracted from the soul of the post.
Coming back to the award, I got this one several days ago, but it took me a while to get this post up, as I was busy trying to decide which bloggers to pass this award to. (I'm a new to IB and haven't had the chance to check out a whole lot of great blogs in there.) And while I was in the midst of frantically looking for Versatile blogs, Saikat Basu of http://saikatscribble.blogspot.com/ directed me to http://saikatscribble.blogspot.com/2012/02/cloud-no-9.html and I swear, I'm on Cloud 9, now. Thank you Saikat, that was such a BIG honour. I'll try not to put you down. And hey, I'm a fan of those amazing sketches you do, eh. Great job, honestly. You've got something for everybody.
Now, Saikat was already on my unpublished list of bloggers for the award. (Really, Saikat. So here's another award coming your way. Congratulations again.) And seeing that I had to speed up this post, I'm sitting up way past my bedtime to put this up.
I reiterate, I'm new to this network so for now, I'd like to recognise these 15 bloggers whose works I've come to enjoy within these few days of my IB membership:
Saumya Kulshreshtha - Nascent Emissions
Debajyoti Ghosh -Some facts, some nonsense
Harsha Chittar - Curious Dino Photography
Kajal Nayar - Purple Chronicle
Devan - Eureka, Devan Expresses
Saikat - My Scribble Art
Jairam of - Mahabore's Musings
Nikolai Kinny - Adventures of a tiny lady
Pankaja Date - Photokadha
Rupert Wind - Pages off Life
And then, there are these travel blogs that I absolutely love.
Jitaditya Narzary - Travelling Slacker
Vaivah Todi - Greener Pastures
Arun - Payana
Arnab Maity - Arnab Maity Travel and Photography
Arti - My Yatra Diary
Apparently, the rules for acceptance of the award are:
1.Paste this award on your blog
2. Thank the person who gave you this award
3. Pass this award (that Vijay sent my way) to 15 fellow bloggers. Saikat's award let's me hand it over to yet another person, so I also chose to recognise Bharti Puri of Crazy Pop Lock
4. Share 7 random facts about yourself
Now that I have checked off the first 3 of the list, here are 7 random things about me.
- Coffee is my cup of tea. That's the one thing I craved for when I was in the family way. It's what's making me have second thoughts about having baby No.2 ;)
- I have a fetish for (finger) rings; silver ones.
- I grew up in boarding school. Home sickness was something I got over a long time ago but I can't stay away from hubby for more than 3 days.
- My guilty pleasures - Roadside Chaat (how I miss them) and Potato chips (whoever came up with the punchline 'No one can eat just one,' was so damn right.)
- If you lend me a book, I'll make sure I return it.
- I am not a morning person, at all. I can stay up till six in the morning but can't get myself to wake up at 6 am.
- I'm not a very patient mom. I have a two year old, who knows just how to get on to that last nerve of mine but I love him to pieces.
Deepak Karthik and Sangeeta Reghu, I read you both too. You guys touch upon several topics and are really Versatile. I see you have already got this award. I just wanted to tell you 2 that I also think you are versatile.
To the rest of you out there: you'll hear from me in due course.
Happy Blogging everybody.
|Thank you very much, Saikat, for this award.|